How To Customize G-Shock Watch Design As Gift @ Belispree?

4/28/2017
*As usual, this is a sponsored post but all opinions are mine*

Hello, I know I have been absent here quite a while. My last exam in university was finally over and I am so happy to be back here! Bye SCHOOL, bye EXAMS, bye NTU, you won't be missed! One last step towards graduation (left with one final year project oral presentation...aiz...)!

Anyway, Mother's Day is just around the corner (14th May) and I believe many of you are struggling with the best gift for your beloved mum! As someone who loves design, I have been making my own cards, DIY my own presents for my beloved ones yearly. Oh, the joy of seeing smile all over their faces is really worth the time and effort spent!

However, ever since I come to Singapore, the juggle between studies, part-times, meetings and emails has taken up most of my time. I have been sending WhatsApp messages, forwarding edited photos to my mum during her birthday, Mother's and Father's day. The wishes just don't feel as sincere as before...

This year, I am gleeful to find out about Belispree which is a trader for G-Shock watch in Malaysia. I believe most of you have heard about G-Shock watches-- they are so popular everywhere! Google them if you don't know, or click here to see some series of G-Shock watches offers by Belispree.

Anyway, what interests me is their new WATCH CUSTOMISATION SERVICE! Now, you might be wondering, "How is it possible to customise a watch?! Doesn't G-Shock has their own branding?!". Yeap, this was the exact thought that ran through my mind initially, until I realised that the customisation means printing customised design on the WATCH STRAPS of the G-Shock watches.

So, I started Google-ing to learn more about "How to customise a nice watch strap". These are something I have obtained from my research:
  1. Use numbers: You can choose to include significant dates such as anniversary date, birth date and even your car number!
  2. Use letters: The initials of your name or simply your quote or favourite message with positive vibes that can enlighten your day!
  3. Use colours: Create some patterns with contrasting colours which fit your personality or character will be so meaningful!
  4. Use theme: Your child might like one G-Shock with his favourite cartoon theme like Ben10!

Since the service is quite new, Belispree did not provide me with any default template. Thus, I have grabbed two G-Shock straps from Google and edited into the following using Adobe Photoshop. To design something suitable for Mother's day, I have incorporated a love shape obtained from Google Image.

** If you are interested in doing something similar like me, email me / comment below with your email address to get the .psd template that I have used!

A shoutout to their prompt Aramex delivery service! Within 2 days after confirmation, I have received the watches with the design placed EXACT TO CUSTOMISATION! The watches are well wrapped in thick bubble wraps, 100% secured from any collision or damage.

For the watches, I have selected the black Casio G-Shock GD-100GB-1D Resin Watch and the white Casio G-Shock DW-6900SN-7 Resin Watch to review the quality of the printings on both contrasting colours.
Full view of black G-Shock

Full view of white G-Shock

Loving the light of this G-Shock series! Highly recommend you to get this watch plus a design!

Yeah, as seen, the light from this white series is so plain... as compared to the black one :(

The mint hearts became blue (darker and more saturated in real life

The printings are pretty crisp and clear, I do like it!

My logo wasn't given in a very high resolution, thus the slightly pixelated printing (not observable from afar)

The printings that passed through the holes are smooth and natural!
The printed colours are darker than the colours in the design, but I am overall satisfied with the printing as all colours are still vibrant and sharp (I guess this depends on the quality of your design file too, vector shapes are much sharper, so try designing in Illustrator)! Also, I am surprised to know that the prints can stick on both the matte strap (white) and the glossy strap (black).

Now, not only I have my own customised phone cover, own customised name card, but also a customised watch! (Of course, one for my mum too~)


How To Get Your Design Printed Too?

If you would like to customise your G-Shock from Belispree like I did, please take note of everything below. 

This customisation printing service is available for customers worldwide. Delivery fee varies according to countries, for example, SGD6 for Singapore and USD12.90 for USA. Printing charges range between RM25 and RM100 depending on the complexity of the design. (Conversion rate as of 28th April 2017-- RM1.00 = SGD0.32 = USD0.23, so really it's worth the deal omg hahaha :P )

Call or WhatsApp Belispree

Before submitting your order or heading down to their shop, I highly suggest you to WhatApp Belispree at +6017-644-9299. It is advisable to discuss the series of Casio watch that you want to print on, your design, the estimated costs and the delivery service before any confirmation.

Depending on the complexity of the design, you might be charged just for the design (price tbc). However, if you can provide them with an editable file like Adobe Illustator or Photoshop, the design cost might be FREE!

Other Contacts of Belispree

Website: www.belispree.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/belispree
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/belispreeshop/
Email: info@belispree.com
Address: BeliSpree, 8-1 Lorong Batu Nilam 3C, Bukit Tinggi, Klang, 8-1, Lorong Batu Nilam 3c, Bandar Bukit Tinggi, 41200 Klang, Selangor, Malaysia.

31 comments :

  1. I've heard of customised watch before but not by printing own designs on the straps. This of course, makes a wonderful gift to a loved one. Worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a wonderful gift idea. Thinking that would be a great Father's Day gift idea. ~Deaven, www.nerdwage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three watches that I don't usually wear. However, with a cool customized watch like this, it can definitely change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cute. I didn't know these watchers were customizable like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woww.. best ni.. sangat cantik bila jam tangan di custom macam dalam gambar diatas.. boleh try tempah jugak ni.. heee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatt? We can customized our own watch? How great is that. No one can 'steel' our watch because there's a name there. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I think this will make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of customized watch until here. Thank you for sharing. I do hope they extend their product here in Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have only heard about engraving at the back of the watch. They do provide international delivery, you have to message them for the exact delivery fee!

      Delete
  9. Omg i'm a fan of G-Shock and this is the first time knowing that you can customize the straps!
    Definitely make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! G-Shock used to be one of the choice for my friends, but not my usual watch tho... You can really consider the service since it's cheap with free design available!

      Delete
  10. best la...sbb boleh customize nama kita...jadi orang xboleh curi jam kita...sesuai untuk anak sebab jam asyik hilang jer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha macam ini, memang bagus untuk anak kak! boleh print nama dan telefon nombor :D

      Delete
  11. Giving you the option to customize even the print on the strap makes it even more special as a gift. I will see if they have a similar shop here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are based in Malaysia but the service is available internationally! It's a great gift since it can be personalised! Best, it's cheap!

      Delete
  12. Yunzi!!! your post timing is perfect...Hubbyness is a G-shock fan and he has been convincing me to wear a couple G-shock watch which I've been turning down just because I dont like their design hahahahah.. but with the idea that I could customize it, will give it as an anniversary gift to us :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha great idea! Would love to see your design, remember to update us if you do it! Not too sure if the service is available for every single G-shock series tho... You can ask them!

      Delete
  13. This is a great idea! Thank you!
    Jenn
    joyfuliowan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can give them a try since the service is cheap! Thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  14. Such a great idea to actually has our own watch strap customized! The design of your watch are really nice tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! Do give them a try, most worth it when you can do your own design. I'm a designer wanna-be LOLLOL

      Delete
  15. I never knew this was possible !! such a great and an original idea !! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, me too! I was sort of expecting the maximum they can do is to engrave behind the watch! Didn't expect this cool stuff! Do give them a try~ It's cheap :D

      Delete
  16. What a cool idea! I have some people in mind that would love this gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool! your friends / families will be so happy to have their memorable stuffs printed on their personalised watch! :D

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. I do agree! personalization is getting so popular these days that even watch straps follow the trend!

      Delete
  18. Damn! They look really good. I'd really want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they have international service so you can really get one by whatsapp-ing them!

      Delete
  19. Great blog impressive. Thanks for sharing useful information keep update information.
    coaster art

    ReplyDelete
  20. Impressive! I really like this blog.
    Thanks for sharing this information…
    Customized gift Malaysia

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.