[Food]: Best Thai Food Found @ Soi Thai Soi Nice

1/15/2017

Disclaimer: I was not invited as a food blogger, but attended as a plus one with a writer for a food blog.

So far, I would claim that this restaurant serves the best food among all the food tasting that I've tried (as a plus one HAHA)! I really like the food there, therefore I decided to write a post about it.

Soi Thai Soi Nice is a Thai hotpot restaurant that serves lunch and dinner. The chef is hired from Bangkok with 19 years of experience. In fact, they were so confident with their food that they allowed us to order any dishes on the menu. Of course, as the usual process, they did recommended some special dishes which claimed to be difficult to find / not sold at other Thai restaurants in Singapore.

There were too many choices, but too limited stomach space! After much prompting of "order more, try more", we ended up ordering 7 dishes to share together (2 girls us + 1 man PR)! Each dishes has enough amount to serve 2 people. Oh, I also tried Egg Salad, which I forgot to take photo because of the mouth-watering food.

What I really want to highlight is their signature Royal Thai Hotpot! OMG, I was stunned like vegetable (but I never show it) when the hotpot arrived with crayfishes, tiger prawns, mussels, mushrooms, maggie and vegetables! Seafood lovers, you must must must try this place at least once to have no regrets in life! It is worth it for the relatively cheap and affordable price (medium for $38.80 fits 2 pax, large for $68.80 fits 3-4pax)!

For the Tom Yam soup base, you could select your choice from "more spicy, spicy and mild". We tried the normal spicy level and the taste was great! This is a legit authentic home-made Tom Yam soup, rich and thick with flavour but not too spicy, unlike many other restaurant that use Tom Yam paste and resulted in weird taste. 

The atmosphere of the place is truly cozy and I simply love the chairs (Aww, so soft)! This place is still not well-known as it launched its opening on the 26th December 2016 and is located at Alexandra Central Mall, which is a new mall built right next to IKEA Queenstown. 

I will visit this place again for their weekday lunch set 12-3pm going at $8.80! If my memory did not fail me (I forgot to take photo), the set consists of 1 main meal, 1 drink and 1 FREE ice cream (upon liking their Facebook page).

Royal Thai Hotpot before adding Tom Yam soup!
See the rich and thick Tom Yam soup!



Zoom in view of the seafood!

Ready to be eaten, but photo first!

2 raw eggs are to be added into the hotpot anytime you prefer

Kai Jiao Om - omelette fried with Cha Om, which is a type of vegetable imported from Bangkok

Hor Mok Ma Praw -- otar stir fried with seafood and steam egg in a coconut

Thailang style kangkung -- cooked with fermented beans 
Kho Moo Yang -- grilled pork neck (top left corner), best eaten while it's hot. This photo is taken for instagram HAHA, forgot to photo that dish

Thai Green Tea Milk Tea & Coconut Red Milk Tea (not their menu name i think) -- LOVE THE GREEN ONE BEST!

Coconut Sticky Rice -- ice cream is served with gula melaka & cereal.
Sticky rice is cooked in bamboo container (not usual rice cooker). Milk to pour on rice!
LOVE THE ICE CREAM!

Lemongrass Drink -- hidden behind I LOVE IT! Tasted just right and not like those diluted one I tried before!


Dine at Soi Thai Soi Nice

Address: 321 Alexandra Road #02-01 @ Alexandra Central (Next to Ikea), Singapore
Phone: +65 6250 4863
Opening Hours: 11:30AM–10PM

27 comments

  1. I love seafoods and veggies and I am so sure that I will enjoy Soi Thai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seafoods and veggies and I am so sure that I will enjoy Soi Thai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! You definitely will! I am waiting for my next chance to visit them again~ Love their services and good food quality! They did listen to customer feedback after each meal and make improvements :)

      Delete
  3. Omg thai food is always my favourite! Their tom yam is a must and Hor Mok Ma Praw looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their tom yam! Is not the sour and dilute type but more thick and milky :D That dish is interesting (and insta-worthy hahaha)!

      Delete
  4. With all those delicious seafood, it makes me hungry already. I would definitely give it a try is I ever visited Asia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do visit Aisa! Asia has many nice food that has unique taste :D If you love seafood, this is a must!

      Delete
  5. Oh my the seafood dishes are absolutely delicious. Will certainly give this one a go soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try this restaurant! It's super good! I am craving for them again right now~

      Delete
  6. wow looks so tempting and delicious! would love to try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go gogo! It's super good! definitely worth the price :D

      Delete
  7. those dishes definitely look so tempting and I want to be able to try it someday too....maybe on my next trip there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to get a better and cheaper seafood serves in restaurant, I highly recommend this! It's even cheaper and tastier than Chomp Chomp hawker centre (famous for seafood)

      Delete
  8. Looks like a heavenly pot of seafood! Always enjoy your food photography in this blog =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love taking food photography (actually is edit skills only xD)~ They taste heavenly! Do give them a try if you visit singapore!

      Delete
  9. Oh wow!! The food presentation is so fresh!! Look at the big pot of seafood, definitely feel hungry now =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am craving for these seafood right now by just seeing the images again xD The seafood are damn fresh! really worth trying! :DDD

      Delete
  10. This dish looks amazing! It looks absolutely thai to me. This post got me drooling, literally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap! This is the most thai-ish thai restaurant I have tried in singapore at the moment! :D definitely highly recommend them~ Do try!

      Delete
  11. the food look delicious. the drink seems special too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap! I love their green milk tea best! It's a special combination that I have never tasted the same one elsewhere at the moment!

      Delete
  12. The food look so delicious..make me hungry now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Do give them a try if you love seafood & happen to visit Singapore :D

      Delete
  13. I always love thai food and this is so so worth it. Must try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa. Now Im getting hungry. Does the chef is originally from Thai?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have mostly eaten pad thai noodles when I go out for thai food, but after seeing that coconut shrimp, I need to venture out of my pad thai dish. It seems like a must try for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am salivating just looking at your photos, can imagine the sourish tomyam soup in the hotpot. When can I go and have a try? Argh, Singapore why you so expensive?

    ReplyDelete

Connect With Me!

Follow This Blog!

First To Know Budget Deals!