GEM Explorer Exchange Program or Fee Paying?



So, I decided to fail my second round of GEM Explorer to be eligible for fee paying scheme :(

I did so want to go to KAIST Korea university, but then maybe because I am categorised under the 'foreigner' group (or maybe my lousy GPA that did not even hit first class?!), I did not get any place in my first round of GEM Explorer T^T

So, this left me with only one option - go Taiwan for exchange under fee paying scheme.


Why fee paying?

Yeah, why?! GEM Explorer is so much easier regarding the procedure to apply and can get 2 certificates that certify your exchange experiences. However, due to financial constrain, I would rather go Taiwan via fee paying as I only need to pay the tuition fee of the host university. *oh come on... Taiwan fee of $8,000 is so much cheaper than the $17,000 (waived TG) that I got to pay to NTU...*

Anyway, EEE exchange coordinator explicitly told me that I would not be eligible for fee paying if I choose not to apply for the second round of GEM Explorer.

His reason: If you meet all criteria in GEM Explorer, then GEM should be your priority instead of using financial constrain as your reason to apply fee paying.
Actually he is correct la... If everyone seizes the opportunity to study in a cheaper tuition fee country for one whole semester, then NTU can go bankrupt and close down like lo... #shameonmetosayso

In the end, I submitted 3 impossible choices for GEM application, waited to receive my unsuccessful email from GEM Office, applied for fee paying, waited for only ONE hour for my successful email (yeah, it was really fast!) ... AND I got it!!

Now, I am in the midst of applying for my exchange. Hopefully, I will manage to mail everything by the deadline. OHHHH, I am so looking forward to seeing my friends in Taiwan : DDDDDD

Wish me luck! <3 xoxo


More Questions Regarding NTU Exchange Programmes? Click Here

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.