DIY Facial Wash for Acne

3/21/2015
I have been facing severe acne breakouts since I was in primary four. I have spent a fortune trying out tubes of acne creams and essential oils, but none suits me - even the highly praised green tea essential oil :(

I tried paying for facial treatment just for the extraction, but the effects are just temporary,  

This situation and breakout continues until now - the acnes particularly spread all over my whole forehead, my cheeks and my chin!


Yeah, you are right. My breakout became more severe than ever, especially during
1. hot flush before my menstruation periods
2. stressful exam periods due to the lack of sleep
3.  hot weather that makes my face oily

I finally found a cheaper alternative to cure my acne - once . and . for . all - after surfing through Pinterest and learnt about ingredients that helps in  preventing acnes breakout. 

Foods that prevents acnes breakout

1. Oat meal
2. Honey
3. Yogurt
4. Vitamin E
5. Cinnamon
6. Tea tree oil

DIY Procedures: Oat meal + Yogurt (1:1)

As I happened to have a few packs of natural oat and a big tin of natural greek yogurt, I tried creating this "mixture".

1. Pour 1/4 hot water into a glass tin
*2. Pour 1/2 oat meal until they are fully soaked and saturated in hot water
3. Cover for 5minutes to soften and cooked the oat
4. Wait until the mixture cool down and add in 1/2 yogurt
5. Mix the mixture thoroughly to ensure complete blending
6. Ensure the mixture is thick - add in more yogurt if you want a more watery mixture
7. Sealed the lid and store the mixture in a fridge - up to 1 week to ensure freshness of ingredients

* alternative: you can choose to blend the oat in a blender into powdery form before mixing. I don't have a blender in school hence I use the more complicated way.

I applied the mixture on my face for 5 minuted daily during my bath time (morning and night), and I am glad to say that I can see great improvement in my complexion!

Result After Using 1 Week

1. Even and whiter skin tone
2. Drier skin with less oil extraction daily
3. Lighter acne scars
4. Less acne breakout!!!

Conclusion

Try for yourself if you believe in my random mixture! It i not the best but it is simple to use, although it will clog the drain if you are not careful!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.